We believe that school uniform is important:
· It looks smart
· It wears well
· It contributes to a sense of belonging
· It gives a common purpose
· It fosters a feeling of pride
The school’s uniform is as follows:
· Navy blue, grey or tartan skirt or pinafore dress
· Blue check dress with white socks may be worn by the girls in the summer months
· Grey trousers (long or short) for the boys and girls
· White, blue or gold school polo shirt.
· Royal Blue school sweatshirt / cardigan
· White or navy socks for girls, or grey socks for boys
· White, navy blue tights
· Black shoes (not trainers or boots)
· Suitable winter coat (reversible school logo coats are available from Whittakers and Grays)
· Year 6 children are required to wear a white shirt and school tie and a knitted navy blue jumper or cardigan
At St Francis, children must dress appropriately for physical activity during P.E. lessons. Kit should be kept in a draw string bag in the school cloakroom at all times during the school week.
· Plain White T-shirt
· Black shorts
· Velcro Trainers (KS1) and Trainers (KS2) – with non marking soles. (NOT Pumps)
· Tracksuit or suitable jogging pants and top for outside during colder weather
· Hair fastenings
Items of jewellery can cause serious accidents. Therefore, children are asked not to wear jewellery (necklaces, earrings, bracelets, friendship bands) in school for safety reasons. Watches are permitted.
Children will NOT be allowed to participate in P.E. / Games / Swimming lessons if they are wearing any sort of the above items because of potential injury to themselves or other children.
Watches should be removed and long hair should be tied back for P.E. and Games.
It is recommended that children who have their ears pierced should do so at the beginning of the summer holiday. This will enable adequate healing time before returning to school at the start of the school year.