Please click on the document above to see what will be objectives covered during this half term and the relevant homework.
'A KINGDOM UNITED!'
In English, we will be Writing to Entertain
We will look at the text 'Beowulf' and aim to write a sequel to it.
Our key Maths objectives for this half term are:
1. Read, write, order and compare numbers to at least 1000000 and determine the value of each digit.
2. Count forwards or backwards in steps of powers of 10 for any given number up to 1000000.
3. Interpret negative numbers in context, count forwards and backwards with positive and negative whole numbers including through zero.
4. Round any number up to 1000000 to the nearest 10, 100, 1000, 10000 and 100000
5. Solve number problems and practical problems that involve all of the above.
6. Read Roman numerals to 1000 (M) and recognise years written in Roman numerals.
7. Add and subtract numbers mentally with increasingly large numbers.
8. Add and subtract whole numbers with more than 4 digits, including using formal written methods (columnar addition and subtraction)
9. Use rounding to check answers to calculations and determine, in the context of a problem, levels of accuracy.
10. Solve addition and subtraction multi-step problems in contexts deciding which operations and methods to use and why.
Our R.E. Topic this term is 'The Bible' and looks in depth at how it links to Christian behaviour.