In Autumn Term 1, our topic is called 'A KINGDOM UNITED!'
Key areas of learning will include:
Our R.E. Topic this term is 'The Bible' and looks in depth at how it links to Christian behaviour.
Other aspects of learning will include Properties of Materials (Science), new elements of key French vocabulary (Modern Foreign Languages), and 'Designing our own computer games' (Computing). Our second P.E. topic will be Netball.
Our key Maths objectives for this half term are:
1. Read, write, order and compare numbers to at least 1000000 and determine the value of each digit.
2. Count forwards or backwards in steps of powers of 10 for any given number up to 1000000.
3. Interpret negative numbers in context, count forwards and backwards with positive and negative whole numbers including through zero.
4. Round any number up to 1000000 to the nearest 10, 100, 1000, 10000 and 100000
5. Solve number problems and practical problems that involve all of the above.
6. Read Roman numerals to 1000 (M) and recognise years written in Roman numerals.
7. Add and subtract numbers mentally with increasingly large numbers.
8. Add and subtract whole numbers with more than 4 digits, including using formal written methods (columnar addition and subtraction)
9. Use rounding to check answers to calculations and determine, in the context of a problem, levels of accuracy.
10. Solve addition and subtraction multi-step problems in contexts deciding which operations and methods to use and why.
Children will have the opportunity to participate in a Level 2 Bikability course during Autumn 1. We will also be starting our preparations for the Sing Together Concert which will be held at King George's Hall in March 2019.
More details about our learning, including photographs, will appear here in due course.